1. We had over 120 UK & International artists exhibiting thousands of pieces of original art from across the UK. Visitors were able to meet the artist in person and had the opportunity to buy both affordable and investment art. We had original artwork for ALL from £40 to £10,000.
2. The Fair was delighted to announce high profile guest artists including Damien Hirst, Tracey Emin, and Mark Quinn who were represented by the Drang Gallery..
3. David Harper, BBC TV antiques presenter hosted a charity art auction to raise funds for The Countess Hospital Chester’s Memory Lane Project raising over £3000. Thank you to the artists who donated to this cause: Carne Griffiths, David Harper, Nel Whatmore, Liz Ellis, Frances Ackland-Snow, Jody Craddock, James Buttifant and Kathryn Callaghan.
4. An extensive programme of free live talks, workshops, and art demonstrations took place. Highlights included David Harper talking about his life as a BBC TV presenter, live portrait painting with Andy Dobbie and a sculpture master class with Wendy Lawrence RCA.
5. The Visual Art Open Finalists Exhibition and awards ceremony took place crowning American artist Rosemary Meza-DesPlas the overall 2018 winner.
6. Throughout the weekend we had the Art in Education Schools Awards taking place showcasing the talent of primary and secondary school students across Cheshire.
7. The Chester Wildlife Trust Create for Nature Team hosted the children’s corner and displayed their unique bespoke recycled furniture.
Coming Soon: CAF19 Must See List